TUB REFINISHING & REGLAZING
Refinishing. Resurfacing. Reglazing. Those are all words that mean the same thing. But with the experience and expert craftsmanship at Suncoast Refinishing, they take on added meaning: A beautiful, like-new bathtub that will add value to your home and years of use to your family!
Reasons to Refinish Your Tub
- Dated or ugly color
- Hard to clean
- Dull finish
- Surface cracks, scratches, or other damage
- Stains and discoloration (mineral deposits or other causes)
- Major home remodeling
Why Refinish Rather Than Replace?
Many homeowners wonder why they should consider refinishing rather than simply replacing an old tub. We can suggest several thousand reasons – or dollars actually. Refinishing saves considerable money over a costly tub and/or shower replacement, especially when adding in plumbing, wall repair, and demolition costs. Plus:
- Refinished tubs are easier to clean and maintain
- Resurfaced tubs often brighten and refresh your bathroom
- Refinished tubs add value to your home
We offer experienced refinishing of many surfaces, including (but not limited to) porcelain, cast iron, steel, ceramic, fiberglas, and acrylic.
The Suncoast Refinishing Process
Our refinish process typically includes the following steps:
- Setup ventilation to minimize odors, dust, and dirt
- Repair (or remove) any chips, cracks, or related damage to surface (or rust)
- Acid wash the surface (which includes an etching compound that prepares the surface for maximum adhesion)
- Apply 3 to 4 coats of epoxy-based primer
- Apply 3 to 4 coats of Glass Tech 9000 Porcelain Glaze
- Final cleanup
Of course, additional steps may be required for some tubs, depending on condition and the underlying materials. That’s where you can count on our solid reputation and expertise to provide you with exactly what you need, nothing more and nothing less.
With a beautifully refinished bathtub, you may not be satisfied with ugly tiles and grout lines that won’t come clean.
At Suncoast, we can professionally refinish your tiles with a solid color or in any of our “Stone Fleck” colors. And we’ll coat your grout lines with the same finish, giving them a porous-free surface that is easier to clean.
Common Questions Regarding Tub Refinishing